Master of Business Administration in Operations Management (MBA Operations Management)
The competitive nature of business has put immense importance to effective planning and efficient management which helps an organisation to stay afloat competition, thereby increasing its profitability and market standing in relation to its satisfied customers. MBA Operations are able to deliver smooth flow of of activities, thereby minimising overheads, controlling cost and guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
Operations Management is a comprehensive production-related responsibility that includes Inventory Management, Vendor Development, and Purchase Management. It also includes areas that demand multi-disciplinary skills like SCM (Supply Chain Management) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
An MBA in Operations Management teaches students to manage the processes that lead to successful production and distribution of product(s) in any business organization. Students will learn to oversee manufacturing - product creation, development, production - and its distribution to sales outlets.
An MBA Programme in Operations & Supply Chain Management is designed to expand your knowledge of operational efficiencies and effectiveness, while satisfying customer requirements as skillfully as possible from the point-of-origin to the point-of-consumption. A candidate with an MBA in Operations Management would be able to look after a factory or other operations of the factory in a better manner as compared to others due to their competency and knowledge regarding handling the operations of an organization.
MBA Operations give direction and control to the whole process of procuring materials, manufacturing the products and ensuring it reaches the market with good quality and on time. Systematic running of various processes, ensures alignment of departments and smooth operating of various activities in a controlled manner.
The Career Prospects in the field of Operations Management are: -
- Quality Control
- Material Management
- Productivity Improvement
- Inventory Control
- Production Planning
- Supply Chain Management
Best B-Schools for MBA in Operations Management in India
Ranked 1 to 10 B-Schools
- Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur (XLRI Jamshedpur)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM Bangalore)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM Calcutta)
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai (NITIE Mumbai)
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai (SPJIMR Mumbai)
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, Mumbai (IIT Bombay)
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM Nashik)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi)
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad (ISB Hyderabad)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM Lucknow)
Ranked 11 to 20 B-Schools (This is clustered, colleges mentioned in alphabetical order)
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai (GLIM Chennai)
- Indian Institute of Planning and Management, Delhi (IIPM Delhi)
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata
- Indian School of Business Finance, Delhi (ISBF Delhi)
- International School of Business and Media, Pune (ISB&M Pune)
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (JBIMS Mumbai)
- Management Institute for Leadership and Excellence, Pune (MILE Pune)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai (NMIMS Mumbai)
- School of Management Sciences, Varanasi (SMS Varanasi)
- TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal (TAPMI Manipal)